The Senior Adult Ministry of Edgewood Baptist Church exists for the purpose of providing Christian Fellowship and carrying out the mission of the church.
Our ultimate goal is Abundant Life, based on the words of Jesus in John 10:10 “…I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.”
- This ministry is Christ-centered and designed to meet the spiritual, educational, and social needs of maturing adults.
- Our Senior Adults meet for a number of events, including monthly Bible studies, meals and luncheons, events hosted by the Kentucky Baptist Convention, prayer gatherings, gospel concerts, and much more.
- We usually host at least one activity each month that consists of traveling and eating at different local or semi-local restaurants, while visiting various unique locations.
- Some of the more notable events we host at Edgewood are a family game night, a men’s cake bake and a fall gathering at the local Mitchell Farm; these have been favorites among the entire church!
- We also strive to keep in contact with those in nursing homes and our shut-ins through visits, cards and phone calls.
The Senior Adult Ministry would like to invite you to join us at our campus on the second Thursday of each month. This is when we have our in-depth Bible Study with a potluck luncheon immediately following. It will surely warm your spirit and stomach!
If you are looking for a place to get involved with other mature adults, our Edgewood Baptist Senior Adult Ministry will happily welcome you!
Interested in getting involved with the Edgewood Senior Adult Ministry?
Call our administrative office for a list of upcoming events and activities.